irisBway

irisBway

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Do Your Toes Twinkle

Throughout my eclectic kinds of careers-- or how I sent the best years of my life, everytime I went to the theater my toes twinkled.  It was almost impossible to sit through a show I liked without moving my legs.  If you love the theater you will know what I mean.

There was a pattern in my professional life.  I did something for about 4 years and then moved to something else. Mostly, every 4 years I took time to work on some aspect of Presidential Politics, but inbetween campaigns or government I did other things. I kept abreast of what was happening in the theater but I was not an active participant.  The, since it was the only thing I ever wanted to do, I decided to be a producer.  Yes, as I have said, everyone wants to be a producer, but I was serious and an actual producer helped me to find my way. Actually, I met a producer and begged him to just sit in his office so I could learn what I needed to know.  In addition, my husband and I produced a documentary, "The Gefilte Fish Chronicles" and a talented composer wanted to make it into a musical. 

When I went to my first theatre  "class" it was really enlightening.  There were people in the class far more advanced than I (an ant was far more advanced than I), but you learn an important lesson.  There are a million people as talented and more talented than you are.  Sooo if you are going to succeed you need to find a way to distinguish yourself.  More soon....


No comments:

Post a Comment